Greetings and a question

Theology & Religion forum.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Greetings and a question

Postby Hormuzd » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:08 pm

Dear Sir/madam,

This is my first posting on this forum, and I am delighted to send you all Greetings and salutations. Scanning through the contents of this web site, I found so many informative
topics on a variety of subjects.
Especially the one on Pirs and the places of pilgrimage near Yazd.
Being a Zoroastrian myself, it was interesting to know the origins of these places.
May you continue in the same manner for a long time.
My question to anyone on the forum is, Are there any Zoroastrian Kurds left in Iran, and if so, what would their number be?
I would be greatly obliged if some one could enlighten me on that subject, and secondly, are the Iranian Zoroastrians happy and prosperous in Iran?
The month is moving in the right direction, and soon it will be Norooze for you all.
May I send you all my best regards and wishes. :)

Ushta te,
Hormuzd.l
Hormuzd

Postby babak » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:24 pm

For the matter of Kurds, there is a branch of them known as "Yezidis" or more exactly "Izadis". Even though we cant call them Zoroastrian, they are not neither real muslims. In fact, they kept in some way their Zoroastrian roots. Themselves, specially their leaders in private, say that they are Zoroastrian.

For the matter of this site, we have some organizationnal problems. So the site is in standby for a while. We hope to resume as soon as possible.
babak
Site Admin

Return to Theology & Religion