Zoroastrian photo reportage / IRAN / extensive work

Post general chit chat here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zoroastrian photo reportage / IRAN / extensive work

Postby Kaveh Kazemi » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:20 am

Dear all
You may be interested to look at my photos on ZOROASTRIAN community in Iran
depending on your line of work and studies or emotions for Mother Land.

Please feel free if you desire to make links to your sites and you can
always contact me should you have any questions or queries.
Kindly advise your friends and relevant communities and societies and
educational establishments in regard to this site.

I spent two years traveling to Yazd and its region as well as other places
in Iran for this story. The photos you see on the site are small part of an
extensive and unique work on this community.
This story was published in French edition of GEO magazine in March 1997

Should you be interested, my work on Iran since 1979 revolution and coverage
of other troubled spots in the world are also presented on this site.

http://kavehkazemi.com/english/gallery/detail.php?act=cat&coid=grand

Best regards
Kaveh Kazemi
Kaveh Kazemi

Postby Somebody » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:00 pm

I tried to visit your site, but it's so slow...
Somebody

Postby Roozbeh » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:39 pm

Zoroastrians should not be treated as a anthropological matter of study. It’s unacceptable to treat our religion as a exotic curiosity. Why the webmaster allow this kind of posts ?
Roozbeh

Postby babak » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:41 pm

Roozbeh wrote:Zoroastrians should not be treated as a anthropological matter of study. It’s unacceptable to treat our religion as a exotic curiosity. Why the webmaster allow this kind of posts ?

Why I (the webmaster) should forbid this kind of post, specially in the "General Chat" section ?
In fact I posted this text I received by mail.
babak
Site Admin

Postby Jaqaliah » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:15 pm

Roozbeh wrote:Zoroastrians should not be treated as a anthropological matter of study. It’s unacceptable to treat our religion as a exotic curiosity. Why the webmaster allow this kind of posts ?

I know that I am an outsider. I apologize if what I say is offensive. But how long will Zoroastrians hide from us, the rest of the world, as if they were not here. All of us are people worthy of being understood for what we are, how we are, and who we are so that we may be seen as worthy of fair and equal treatment. Would you say that Christians are humans worth studying and the Behdin are not? Would you say Moslems are worth studying and the Behdin are not? What good example will others learn if you are unknown to them? Where I live I am the only one that knows anything about the Zartoshti or the Prophet at all, and I know very little. There are not even Rabbis here and if there are Jews they are not open. Tolerance of others beliefs is very limited. To get a book about Zarathushtra my library has had to borrow from as much as 1,500 miles away. Our ministers have never heard of him. They do not know how important the ways of the Behdin have been in the development of Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam. I would beg that you not hide the beautiful light of your culture from the world because some would find it wish to study it as a part of the human story.

Jaqaliah
Jaqaliah

Return to General Chat